cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleteing .BKF files in 2012

InSixDays
Level 4

How do you delete old .bkf files without running a catalog on them in 2012.  I have 10TB of files and it is taking forever to catalog.  Can you  just delete them in Windows Explorer?  In 2010 you could do a scan and see them without a catalog and then move them to scratch.  The files I want to delete were created with 2010 and have an infinite expiration setting and now I need to free up that space.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you don't need the old .bkf files and they are not cataloged in BE 2012, then you can just delete them using Windows Explorer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can try moving them to the Retired media folder, and then deleting them from there.

Thanks!

InSixDays
Level 4

Hi, but where do you even see them to move them to the Retired media folder?

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Go to Storage tab

Select the devcie containing the BKF files

Click the yellow arrow (near top right)

Click on Backup Sets in left Side bar

Right click Set you want to deklete and click delete - this should get rid of the BKF or IMG for that job. 

InSixDays
Level 4

That is the problem.  There are no backup sets listed.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you don't need the old .bkf files and they are not cataloged in BE 2012, then you can just delete them using Windows Explorer.

MReyes
Level 2

Hi,

We have a particular issue where the BKF files we have backed up to disk from BE2010 aren't showing up in BE2012.  Is there a way to catalogue/import these BKF files from the disk back to show up in the backup sets?