cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta backup

Michez99
Level 2
Hi, when i bought BE 12.5 i was under the impression that you could use a delta backup function when backup up branch servers but i can't find an option for this.
Anyone care to share ?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

To backup changed data (which I think is what you mean by "delta")  choose a job type of either DIFFERENTIAL or INCREMENTAL.  DIFFs backup all data changed since the last FULL backup but does not reset the Archive bit.  INCR grabs all data changed since the last backup of any kind, and does reset the Archive bit

To backup other servers at  your site, you  need to purchase and install one Remote Agent on each server

Michez99
Level 2
By delta backup i mean the changes made within a file. So if file A is a word file and someone changes some sentences in the file and save it, during the next backup the backup job should only backup the data within the file that has changed and not the entire file. I haven't seen any of these options in BE 12.x

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Sorry

BackupExec doesn't do this kind of Delta.  It only does backups at the file level, so the change file will be backed up in it's entirety