cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential server back up 11 hours with Backup exec 2012

MSBova
Level 3

I"m slowly wrapping my head around the server centric approach to backups with 2012, however back ups are now running into daytime hours when on the old version they were finished.  I have a differential running at 11 hours!!! This means my other 8 server differentials will not be backed up.

I've seen the fine tuning document, however if it was fine with 2010, i shouldn't have to dedicate all those man hours for 2012.  Now my problem is verify.  In 2010  all my servers were backed up, then they were all verified, so the verify did not interfere with normal business hours, is there a way to make this happen in 2012?

i'm leaning heavily to a downgrade to 2010, i just can't wrap my arms around all the changes and be confident in my back ups.

thanks.

Michael

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...any AV perhaps blocking your BE services on those servers in question?

Sameer_Kapadia
Level 4
Employee

As for the Verify issue, not although same as BE2010 since BE2012 is resource centric but you can check if below 4 verify options can help you meet your criteria.

MSBova
Level 3

I can check however the only thing that has changed in my environment is the upgrade.  Before the upgrade there were no issues.

MSBova
Level 3

Sameer,

I've scheduled the verify job to run the day after the differentials, On an unrelated note I've gone from 4 jobs in Backup Exec 2010 to 65, and I've yet to create my incrementals.

Can you explain to me how the server centric approach will be easier to manage?

thanks.