cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate regularly fails to find backup sets

IPG
Level 4

Hi all,

I've been having this issue ever since upgrading to Backup Exec 2012 with my duplicate jobs.  When the duplicate job runs, about a thrid of the time I get the error message:

Duplicate -- The job failed with the following error: The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found. Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

I know that my full & incremental jobs have successfully been duplicated before being deleted, so I don't understand what's causing this message.  I can fix this by deleting the duplicate job and recreating it, but then the error message comes back in about a week.  I have about 15 servers I'm backing up, and about 5 of them experience this issue.

Because Backup Exec 2012 has no way of viewing job selections for duplicate jobs I'm having a very hard time trying to figure out what's going on.

Can anyone advise me on how to troubleshoot this?!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IPG
Level 4

I ended up using duplicate jobs that run at the end of the full / incremental jobs rather than running on a schedule later on - I haven't had this problem since.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hi IPG,

Have you checked out this Technote yet  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH43264

and, have you installed all the available live updates, specifically SP1a resolves quite a few catalog and database issues.

IPG
Level 4

Hey lmosla,

I have read that technote, it seems to say the problems occur when a backup job fails or the catalog is deleted but my duplicate jobs are running less than 12 hours after the backup finishes successfully so I don't believe this to be the case.

Also it's difficult because that technote applies to older versions of Backup Exec, so I can't actually follow Solution 2 which I think would help a lot at determining what was missing.

Backup Exec is fully up to date.

Thanks for your reply.

IPG
Level 4

I ended up using duplicate jobs that run at the end of the full / incremental jobs rather than running on a schedule later on - I haven't had this problem since.