Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eject Media after job fails?

Christiaan_Oden
Level 4
Partner
Eject Media after job fails?

I have recently noticed at some of our clients that after a job fails (particularly a media related failure) the tape gets ejected? How can I turn this off?

This feature makes it impossible for me to re run the job if it happens to fail.
6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Under the job properties, uncheck the Eject Media After Job Completes checkbox

If this solves your problem, please mark this as the solution.

Christiaan_Oden
Level 4
Partner
Thanks, but that option ejects the tape if the job completes. It is already disabled.
I am referring to when the job does not start. If the media is write protected and an alert is displayed, the media gets ejected.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Christiaan,

That happens when the tape isn't scratch. It's going to get ejected either way.
What I have done with this is to manually erase the tape before the job started.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the media is write protected and an alert is displayed, the media gets ejected

This action is so that you can insert an overwriteable media.  This is the logical action and is the way BE is designed.  If the tape is not ejected, you would have to eject it to insert an overwriteable media.  BE is trying to help the user.

If the media is write protected, re-running the job will  not help as it would still be write protected.

If the media is overwriteable and the job failed halfway, it would become write protected according to your overwrite protection period specification.  It cannot be re-used immediately.

Christiaan_Oden
Level 4
Partner
It’s not only with write protected.

This is causing major problems as we use Policy based jobs, with template rules.
We have 2 Policies which run daily. For weekends we have 2 jobs to run on the weekend. The same policy contains jobs for month end, both use different media sets. There is a template rule to supersede the weekend if it conflicts with the month end. The supersedes works and the job will go into queued until it times out and fails. After the month end firs Policy completes the superseded job will try and start, at this point an alert is generate and the media ejected. After a while my second policy starts and fails because there is no media.

This use to work perfectly and the media did not eject.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Any changes to your environment like drivers updates, software updates etc.?