cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Sent After Mail Restore

DavieRooker
Level 3

Hi All,

How do you control the email that is sent to the recipient who's mail you are restoring?

I would at the very least amend the wording, or possibly even stop it from sending.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Regards,

Colin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That message cannot be disabled or amended and I have a feeling, but can't currently find the details, that it actually provides a technical function relating to the restore process (possibly to do with initializing a mailbox that has just been recreated but seen no activity)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You control this by either putting in a mailing list (remove/add people from this) or adding/removing a single user under the notifications section for this alert.

To stop it from sending, disable the mail alert. You cannot amend the wording.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

That message cannot be disabled or amended and I have a feeling, but can't currently find the details, that it actually provides a technical function relating to the restore process (possibly to do with initializing a mailbox that has just been recreated but seen no activity)

Colin_Weaver

Sorry Craig but I think he is talking about the GRT e-mail that is generated in the users Inbox. This e-mail is not an alert e-mail and goes to the target mailbox for the restore and not a configuired alert recipient.

Of course I could be wrong about which e-mail he is asking about ;)

DavieRooker
Level 3

Hi all,

The email I am referring to is indeed the one that is sent to the users inbox informing them of the restore.

If it cannot be disabled then I'll just have to remember not to be too "creative" with the restore job name as it is sent as well.

Regards,