Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environement CASO move BEDB to another managed backup exec server

jba
Level 4
Partner

hello

I have 3 servers backup exec 2014 SP2 on server 2012 R2, each at a remote site.

I will set up CASO ,Bkpxc01 will the CAS  Bkpxc02 will a MBES and Bkpxc03 will a MBES. Bkpxc03 is a new server it never made backup

I will set up replication between Bkpxc02 and Bkpxc03,Is it possible to copy the BEDB of the Bkpxc02 on the Bkpxc03?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just inventory and catalog it and do the restore before configuring optimised dedupe. Doing what you want to do is going to create a situation where Bkpxc03 also has the same information with regards to jobs, server information etc.

Are you sure you want to do this? What exactly are you trying to get too with optimised dedupe?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

...not sure why you'd want Bkpxc02 and Bpxc03 to have the same BEDB? There will be immediate conflict on Bpkxc03 as the BEDB is going to point to another server, and you'd have to update via bemig.exe to make the necessary changes.

If Bkpxc03 is going to be backing up separate servers, then continue setting this up from scratch.

Thanks!

jba
Level 4
Partner

I wanted to make if necessary to restore old backup sets from Bkpxc03

CraigV

No need to do that...you just inventory and then catalog the media from the other server on this server in question, and then perform a normal restore.

Thanks!

jba
Level 4
Partner

On Bkpxc03 i wanted to restore the backup set Bkpxc02's before the replication(optimised duplication)

CraigV

...just inventory and catalog it and do the restore before configuring optimised dedupe. Doing what you want to do is going to create a situation where Bkpxc03 also has the same information with regards to jobs, server information etc.

Are you sure you want to do this? What exactly are you trying to get too with optimised dedupe?

Thanks!