Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptions, not sure how to stop it!!!

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello guys,

i've been getting an exception message for the last couple of weeks which is;

Backup- \\servername\Shadow?Copy?Components

VSS Snapshot warning. File D:\RemoteInstall\Setup\*.* /s is not present on the snapshot.

Anyone know how to stop it, it's to do with Windows Deployment Services apparently

Thanks

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ltjimster
Level 6

Hi guys,

I didn't get round to doing any of those ideas but i did before i created this thread, stop the Windows Deployment Services thinking maybe because it was because it was running and it hasn't come up with the exception message.

I will try again tonight and see if the exception message comes up, it might of been coincidence :)

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As a workaround create a dummy text file at the above location. BE will stop throwing  execeptions

once it detects the dummy file.

VJware
Level 6

Have a look at this KB - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH141746  or http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH126412

Either ways, try creating a dummy file, or try to exclude this file from the backup or check the registry as the value/path might not be entered properly

ltjimster
Level 6

What should i call the file, it doesnt specify a file really, just the SETUP folder which isn't there?

Thanks

James

AmolB

Create SETUP folder, during next backup BE might throw an expecption with the file name.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi James,

You can also open up your selection list and put in an exclusion for that folder. THis way BE should simply skip over it during the backup.

Thanks!

ltjimster
Level 6

I'll try with the dummy setup folder first and see what happens then try the option that Craig mentioned.

Thanks for your quick replies guys

James

ltjimster
Level 6

Hi guys,

I didn't get round to doing any of those ideas but i did before i created this thread, stop the Windows Deployment Services thinking maybe because it was because it was running and it hasn't come up with the exception message.

I will try again tonight and see if the exception message comes up, it might of been coincidence :)

Thanks

James

ltjimster
Level 6

Turning off the Windows Deployment Services seems to of worked