cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Restore

JennianMark
Level 3
Hello

I am after some advice / best way on restoring a users mailbox from a certain date from Backup Tape.

Internally we use BackupExec 12.5 SP3, Exchange 2003 SP2 and I use the GRT option when doing backups of the Information Store.

I have to restore a mailbox from a certain date, while also keeping the same mailbox in tack that is currently on the system.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks for your help
Mark
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That might be because of credentials.
Please check the below requirements for the account that you are using to restore

1> the account should be unique(first five character shuld be unique)
2> should have active mailbox
3> should be unhidden from GAL
4> Should be domain admin
5> should have full delegation to exchange

also click on network - logon account -> and make sure you have the system logon account and should have the correct credentials for it

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SymTechie
Level 4
Employee Certified
I would suggest you to please create a test mailbox on your exchange server and then restore the mailbox required from the date you want to that new test mailbox.
You may do so by going to Microsoft Exchnage Redirection in the restore job propertes and select the Redirect Exchange sets provide the name of exchange server there.
Select Redirect Mailbox and public folders
Select Redirect mailbox sets
Provide the alias of the new test mailbox

JennianMark
Level 3
Hi SymTechie

I followed your advice as above, but keep getting the following message:
The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.

Thanks
Mark

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That might be because of credentials.
Please check the below requirements for the account that you are using to restore

1> the account should be unique(first five character shuld be unique)
2> should have active mailbox
3> should be unhidden from GAL
4> Should be domain admin
5> should have full delegation to exchange

also click on network - logon account -> and make sure you have the system logon account and should have the correct credentials for it

sreejith
Not applicable
hi guys
am a newbie in symantec,, can anyone update the screen shots to perform a restore mailbox or database  in backupexec 12.3.
thanks in advance

Dev_T
Level 6

@sreejith,

please open a new thread, this is a right place to learn backup exec.....