cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Restore

Sumitomo
Level 3
Hi,

I would like to restore a folder with some mails inside from a specific mailbox.
To do this I used the restore configuration.
BE stages Exchange in a temporary folder, and begins the restore.
The restore status is "success", but only the folder is restored, no mails normaly inside are present.
I don't understand why

Could you help me, or explain to me the procedure to do this restore ?

Thanks in advance

Eric
26 REPLIES 26

Sumitomo
Level 3
Hi,

"Access denied to file Mailbox Store" error could be service account user related ?

If the account user used in BackupExec can make backup, it can make restore ? true ?

All exchange services are running with "local system account" is it a correct setting ?

Eric

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Easiest way to check that will be to create a new user account with the same permissions as the current one, and use that to restore. You can change those credentials in the credential check.
Speaking of which...when you are in your restore job and do a credential check, what does it say?

Sumitomo
Level 3
I have attached Last log job (witch can be open by allow activex in internet explorer and expand all option), and credential too

Eric

CraigV
Do you have enough space on the D:\ drive where the Temp folder is stored?
Have you tried using another service account which you would have added into BEWS?

Sumitomo
Level 3
We have 270GB free space on D: ----> exchange = 50 gb
I have tried Domain admin instead local system account on both remote agent
But not for IS because I have to stop the service to apply modification on it

CraigV
Nope, you wouldn't touch the service account for Exchange...only Backup Exec.

Sumitomo
Level 3
Hi Craig,

OK, My problem is now resolved.
What I have done :

1) Media retention (if not it takes so much time for staging and get some read problem)
2) In exchange server, uncheck hidden mailbox status (if not can't find mailbox inside global address book)
3) In Backup Exec make a exchange redirection to the mailbox itself (it seems it is because the user never be connected to his mailbox)

The job complete successfuly

Many thanks for your help

Eric