cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Backup Duplicate can't Run.

mahardika
Level 3

hii all..

i have problem with symantec backup exec 2012. i using windows server R2 and i want backup exchange app. i  create backup schedule as follows :

1. full backup every 2 mounts

2. incremental backup every days.

3. duplicate backup(source full backup) at second day every 2 mounts.

4. duplicate backup(source incremental backup) at second day every 1 week.

all was going well before duplicate backup(source full backup) running and duplicate backups(source full backup) fail. then I repeated back but not running. in this condition the other duplicate backups running(source incremental backup). and I attach a picture of the duplicate backups(source full backup) not running(just To Be Schedule)

eroor.PNG

what should I do? please help me.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Mahardika

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Server 2008 R2 (supported!) or Server 2012 R2 (NOT supported currently, but will be with BE 2014 when it releases on 2nd June 2014)?

Have you tried to recreate the job?

Thanks!

mahardika
Level 3

hii CraigV,

i use windows server 2008 R2. after duplicate backup(source full backup) failed,I tried to set the schedule backup  for duplicate backup job (Source full backup only). Do you have a solution for this case?

Thanks,

Regards,

Mahardika

Mai_Ali
Level 4
Accredited Certified

On schedule Tab of Backup, JobTry to Select this option "Duplicate Data Immediately after Source task Complete". and Try backup again.

If it's failed, please, post error in details.

mahardika
Level 3

OK i will try leter. i dont get erorr message, but i find the duplicate backup are not running. if it is time to start duplicate backups, indicators only persist "To be scheduled". then change "scheduled" but did not start to duplicate backups.

Thanks,

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tried recreating both your backup and duplicate jobs? Also specify that the duplicate job starts immediately after the backup job. Don't schedule the duplicate job

mahardika
Level 3

hii pkh,

i just recreating schedule duplicate job(for full backup) not all. what meaning dont schedule duplicate job?What do have to start again from a full backup in order to duplicate backups can run?

Thanks,

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend first to be updated with SP4. Secondly, you are possibly facing the issue as mentioned in this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH217110

Either run the full backup again after editing/recreating the duplicate backup or as suggested above, set the duplicate to run automatically once the source full completes.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Recreating the duplicate job is not sufficient. You have to recreate the full backup job as well because the backup job is the one that create the history for the duplicate job to follow. The reason why I asked you to let the duplicate job run after the backup job completes is because there are a lot of previous discussions which the users experience a lot of problems when they schedule the duplicate job