Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] DAG Preferred servers issue

wenn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

I have 2 Exchange Servers in a DAG configuration. Server 1 is,located in the primary site with an active copy of DB1 and a passive copy of DB2. Server 2 is located in a secondary site with a passive copy of DB1 and an active copy of DB2.

I've configured Server1 as my prefered server. Then, I configured one time backup for test with the following settings for the backup job:

- Back up from the passive copy and if not available, try the active copy (recommended) 

- The prefered server is set

When the backup job is launched, it queries Server2 (server in the secondary site)

Am I missing something?

thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

At the time the backup is being started, do you see any errors/warnings in the eventlog of server1 ?

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Verify that the remote agent is up and running on server one. are you able to backup sever1 directly outside of the DAG... lets say just a small file folder?

wenn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes the remote agent is running and I'm able to backup the server (system state, folders...)

wenn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

No errors or warnings

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Is this true of both servers?? 

When you cofigure the backup are you targeting the dag or server 2 besure that the backup job is being configured under the Dag and not server number 2

wenn
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes. It's true for both servers.

The backup is targeting the DAG