cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with installation on exchange server.

peter_zelonis
Level 4
I am trying to install BE11d on a main server. We then are trying to back up two file/print servers and an exchange server. We purchased licenses for BE essential support, 2 windows server agents for windows server, and 1 license for windows server agent for exchange. I have installed main software on the server with the tape drive. I have installed the windows agent on the two file servers. Do I install the exchange agent on the main server or the exchange server? I assume I install on exchange, right? Do I also need to install the 'windows server agents for windows server' on exchange too? Can anyone direct me to some whitepages regarding this type of installation. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
The remote agents need to be installed on all the remote servers you are trying to backup including your Exchange server. The exchange agent is only a license key which activates the Exchange backup functionality rather than being a piece of software, so it gets "installed" on the backup server.

Derek_Sparks
Level 3
Peter,

I just went through this myself. Install the remote agent on the Exchange server. In your backup job list, you will then be able to select Exchange components like mailboxes and public folders.

Appendix J in the Backup Exec Administrators guide is the chapter you'll want to familiarize yourself with.

Regards,

Derek

Jeff_Zankofsky
Level 5
Employee
When you install BE, you should enter all licenses on the media server, then push the Remote Agent out to all the servers that you need to protect including the Exchange server.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta