cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove external drive from backup!

RiccardoQuest
Level 2

im using backup exec 2012 sbs edition on a new server. when creating a backup job i had my exteral hdd plugged into the server. the backup job is failing because it cant find the exteral hdd as it is not plugged in. i cannot see anywhere to remove the referance to the external hdd on the backup job, i have looked in selections and there is no tick box to remove the external hdd referance ??? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Ahh! understood.

Go to the job properties

Right-click on the Job - Edit 

Select Edit (on the left pane beside Test/Edit Credentials)

You may not see the E: under Browse tab - Go to the "Selection Details" tab at the top

Locate E:  - highlight it and select Delete (to remove it from the selection list)

Run the job again, it should not give you that error again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Go to Backup and Restore tab

Double-click on the server

Right-click on the backup job in question - Select Edit Backup

On the right pane (Backup) select Edit

check the Storage section to see if that job is being targetted to a Disk Storage device on your HDD?

If yes, change that to point a different device which is available.

RiccardoQuest
Level 2

the problem is that i am getting an error because the backup job is trying to backup the external hard drivce that isnt present. the job is backing up everything else to a NAS drive but comes up with the error unable to access e: which was the external drive. i need to get this removed from the job!

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Ahh! understood.

Go to the job properties

Right-click on the Job - Edit 

Select Edit (on the left pane beside Test/Edit Credentials)

You may not see the E: under Browse tab - Go to the "Selection Details" tab at the top

Locate E:  - highlight it and select Delete (to remove it from the selection list)

Run the job again, it should not give you that error again.