cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Wizard Stops with Error Message

Terrman
Not applicable

When running through the IRD wizard, I get as far as the "Creating Disaster Recovery Image" dialog which stops a third of the way into its progress with this error message:

"Error extracting file <C:\WINDOWS\i386\SETUODD.SY_> to <C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\MYIDRCD6\I386\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\SETUPDD.SYS>.

System Error Msg:

This is in Backup Exec 12 for Small Business Server trial with all the latest updates installed. Note that a full backup had been run as instructed.

I couldn't find any info about this in the knowledgebase.

2 REPLIES 2

PCGuy_Carey
Not applicable

I received this same error so I put in my original Windows 2003 server cd and pointed the path to this cd and it created my IDR image.

Hope this helps.

Carey H.

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
PCGuy is pointing you in the right direction. When the wizard asks you for the “Path to Windows Operating System Installation files”, provide the drive letter of the operating system installation CD or provide a path where you might have a copy of the complete installation CD. The IDR bootable CD image requires some of the core operating system files from the installation media such as txtsetup.sif, setupdd.sys and so on and they will not be available on the installed system ( i.e.; they will not be present under c:\windows )
Message Edited by James McKey on 08-26-2008 07:44 AM
Message Edited by James McKey on 08-26-2008 07:44 AM