cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT

OceanLee
Level 3
We've just added software encryption into our backup for two days, checked log file, the backup looks like completed, however, at job completion, it shows "Job Failed", we've run one restore job, the file restored with no error. I also created one report for failed jobs, information as following.
Start Time
Duration
Job Name
 Category
Error Code
     Description
Status
Device Name

6/14/2010 9:00:02 PM

13:58:10
Backup 00001
Other
The operation completed successfully
Error
.IBM

We use Symantec Backup Exec, version 12 for backups. We figure it might be encrytion caused this issue, have anyone has any idea? and how to fix this problem? Thank you for your help!
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
In the job log, you should find the cause of the failure

if it isn't too big, post it here and we'll see if we can find it

OceanLee
Level 3

Unfortunately, there is no any error message under log file, no error code either. Here is the only message under JOB COMPLETION STATUS in log file.

"Job ended: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at 11:17:36 AM
Completed status: Failed"
Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Go ahead and post the entire job log, not just that portion

OceanLee
Level 3

The log file is pretty large, I've attached it. Please take a look.

Thank you so much for the help!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

None ot the Exceptions that I can see should have caused a FAILED rather than COMPLETED with Exceptions except maybe the last one  the RAWS version mis-match

OceanLee
Level 3

Ken,

Thank you so much for taking time help out. Could you tell if the encryption works fine or not from log file? I've seen the log file shows Encryption Type: sofeware, not sure if the data truly encrypted, Is there any  way to check?
I've found error from job history file, error message "e000fe34 - A checksum of the data has failed"
what is this mean? and message from verify processes, not backup.  

Thanks a lot!.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When the job log says software encryption, your data is encrypted.  You can remove your encryption key and then try to restore the encrypted data, you would be prompted for an encryption key.

From the joblog that you have posted earlier, the failure is due to the fact that files are skipped.  You are not using AOFO and these are active files so they cannot be backed up by BE.

I've found error from job history file, error message "e000fe34 - A checksum of the data has failed"

This means that the verify failed which in turn means that the backup is no good.