cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Store no showing up?

Dave_Garber
Level 3
I recently built an Exchange 2003 server to co-exist with an Exchange 2000 server. Both are clusters. The 2000 server is running Windows 2000 advanced. The 2003 server is running Windows Server 2003 Advanced. When I attempt to create a job to backup the new 2003 server, the information store is not available as an option. If I use NT backup, it is. So, it seems to me this has to be a BEXEC issue. Can anyone tell me what this is? I've installed the remote agent, and I obviously have a license for Exchange backups. Why can't I see the information store??
4 REPLIES 4

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Initially we suggest you to verify whether the Exchange Support has been enabled in the Registry.

Refer the following Technote to make the changes in the Registry.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/248233.htm

Note : This Technote is applicable for BackupExec v9.1 also.

Recycle all BackupExec services and verify the results.

We hope this will help.

Dave_Garber
Level 3
I followed the instructions in the technote, but my system was already configured correctly (enable exchange support key was already set to 1). Also, it should be noted that I can backup my Exchange 2000 server with no problems . It's only the Exchange 2003 server that I can't access the information store for backups.

Now, NT backup CAN see the information store, and the server is functioning properly. So this must be somehow related to Backup Exec specifically. I'm just not having any luck figuring out how.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

You require one license for each node in the cluster. Verify that you have sufficient number of licenses. For example if you have a two node cluster you will require two Exchange licenses.

Also are you able to select individual mailboxes?

NOTE: If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply