cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep data for 4 weeks - Backup Exec 2014

zloc
Level 3

Hi guys,

as i'm not so experienced with BE 2014 i need a little help about media set configuring.

I'm using BE2014 with HP tape library for almost 6 months and i noticed that "Keep data for 4 weeks" is not 28 days.
For example: 

Allocated Date:                20.12.2014 10:57:09

Owerwrite protected until: 23.01.2015 18:00:30

So, if i reconfigure "Keep data for 4 weeks" media set from 4 weeks to 28 days, what is going to happen with tapes (media alredy used) in that media set.

I'm afraid if i do that, whether it change Allocated date ?  Or not ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The overwrite protection period starts from the last write to the tape and can extend if the tape is further written. And the allocated date doesn't change, but the overwrite protected until date changes when you modify the media set.

Have a look @ this KB as well for a detailed info on media sets, APP & OPP - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH5459

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The overwrite protection period starts from the last write to the tape and can extend if the tape is further written. And the allocated date doesn't change, but the overwrite protected until date changes when you modify the media set.

Have a look @ this KB as well for a detailed info on media sets, APP & OPP - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH5459

zloc
Level 3

Thanks VJware,

but isn't it alocated date and last write date the same ?

I want to change protected period from 4 week to 28 days.

So if the last write or alocated date was on 1st of january, my change has to be applied only to "protected unitl" date and it should be then 28th or 29th of january, right ?

If so, than it will solve my problem . 

zloc
Level 3

Hi VJware,

sorry but you were right. Alocated and last write are not the same. My mistake ....

thx