cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Disaster Recovery - Again

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using BackupExec 2012. I have migrated to this version from 10d. Right now I'm updating my Disaster Recovey Procedure before test and I'm a little bit confuse.

Restoring server is different to this which I get used to it. Symantec force SDR option. Great things I must said but I can't understand why greent indicator goes off when I deselect directory on my D: drive. There is no system crucial data on my d: drive. Could someone explain me why it is happen ? Most of administrators knows what it should be resotored.

The most important issue for me is to use manual disaster recovery. With BE 10d version when I wanted to restore the server I have just marked proper drives and system state during a single job. On BE2012 I can't do this in one time. When I press RESTORE button it appears wizard. First option is to choose FILES, FOLDERS... and second option is COMPLETE ONLINE.... When I press FILES, FOLDERS I'm able to restore all files without system state. When I press COMPLETE ONLINE... option then I'm able to restore system state but without files...madness (SDR is off).

Please advice what to do first. Should I firstly restore files and folders and then in second job system state ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. At the minimum, you should restore the entire C: drive and then the system state. As for your first question, it could be there are some pointers in the register to your D: drive so SDR thinks that it is needed for the recovery of the machine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

the following links should be helpful  

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH180099

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO74439

also check out sdr in the Admin Guide

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

Hi,

thank you for reply. Unfortunatly because of various reasons I'm not able to use currently SDR so I would like to ask you to help me with my second question. I asked about manual disaster recovery and what data to restore at the begining. Should I use files and folders as first job and then in second job a system state ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. At the minimum, you should restore the entire C: drive and then the system state. As for your first question, it could be there are some pointers in the register to your D: drive so SDR thinks that it is needed for the recovery of the machine