cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media server is down and out (BE 2010)

zoetaite
Level 4

Everything was fine then boom my stand alone media server isn't showing any backup data anymore.

My B2D folders went offline and when I "enable" them there is no backup data showing. I have no problems re-connecting to it using the logon accounts.

I can also connect to my NAS where all the data is sent, and I am able to see all the *.bkf files. Wondering if something happend to the catalogs? Receiving the following error(s) in the Windows event logs:

Catalog server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe) started.
Catalog directory is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\.
Catalog server is SBUSAWBD01.
Database Connection String is "DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=SBUSAWBD01\BkupExec;DATABASE=BEDB;App=BEWS Cat".

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: LockAndRefreshChangerConfig() Delayed Locking Changer.cfg (\\sbufilep01.sibley.local\I$\FILEP01_Data1\Changer.cfg).  Error=5

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Just wondering if there is anyway to recover. The B2D folders reside on a Netgear ReadyNAS 2100.

ZT

4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

Delete the existing B2D folder from the BE console. Create a new B2D folder point it to the

location where the .bkf files are saved and then perform an inventory of the B2D. Make sure 

you add the Backup Exec Service Account on the NAS box

If still issue persists refer to the below link.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130540

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

check if you have set a threshold for the B2D, Normally the B2d shows offline if we don't have enough space on the specified location where B2d is created.

zoetaite
Level 4

My NAS device appears to be fine. I checked the logs and there are no reported issues.

I tried running a "test" backup job. Looks like it was going to work then received the following mesage:

Error reported:
The specified network name is no longer available.

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
 Drive: InitWrite() CreateFile failed (\\sbufilep01.sibley.local\SADWP02_Data\B2D000248.bkf).  Error=64

The share is still present?!? I was running a ping test to verify there were no interruptions during the backup, and checked the server where the iSCSI volumes reside and there are no reported issues.

ZT