cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media set & associating tapes to it

zloc
Level 3

Hi guys, as i'm prety new in BE 2014 (comming form BE 11d), i need help about configuring MediaSet and Backup job.

I can't force my test backup job to use tape that i associated with may media set, actually, it use my media set, but it add new tape from scratch media set

and add it to my media set then write backup on it.

I know that i can create partitions on my robotics library, but it's going to be to many partitions for every backup i need, so

it seems that using media sets for all kinds of backups is much more practical then partitioning the library....

And yes, i already configure (as recommanded) Backup Exec -> Settings -> Storage -> Media overwrite options :

• Overwrite recyclable media contained in the targeted media set before overwriting scratch media

So any help, tips, hints  ......crying

zloc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you associate a tape with a media set, it immediately uses the overwrite protection period specified in the media set and is thus protected.  Leave the tape in the scatch media set.  BE will be able to use it.  After the job, the tape will be moved to the media set targeted by the job and will be protected.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you associate a tape with a media set, it immediately uses the overwrite protection period specified in the media set and is thus protected.  Leave the tape in the scatch media set.  BE will be able to use it.  After the job, the tape will be moved to the media set targeted by the job and will be protected.