cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media set

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I am testing our new Tape library, that has 16 media in it, in our first test I did create a job and running it  and went ok, when we ren that test job I findout that the tape is belong to an media set that should protect the media for 4 weeks, becuse I dont want to use any othere tape for testing I did create a new madia set that protect data for just one hour and then move the first media (with 4 weeks data protection) to this new media set, after that I create a new backup job that should use a media from media set that has one hour data protection, but when say run the job it says the job Qeues, is this means I sahould wait for one hour before that media can be use for writing? or can I just move the media from the 4 week media set to the 1 hour media set?

Thanks

41 REPLIES 41

Shahin123
Level 6

Thanks for your replay,

as I said in my last posts we have an issue with create a backup or run enventory form BE and this is heppen since we use the barcode on the tapes (see the past screenshoots) so I contected del and they came with this:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH89508

we did disable the barcode and the Device and BE working just fine, so this means the problem is with barcode rule, so dell says we have to first know why there is no LTO-05 in the list.

so do you have any idea why?

Thanks

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I want to let you know that my problem is solved,

I did contected the Dell and they send me an update for the SAS card and now we can use our Device with barcode and BE,

So thank you all for the help.

Shahin