Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed job e-mail alert

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
Hello,

Is there anyway you can get backup exec 12.5 to sendt an e-mail alert if a job i missed because of availability?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

chicojrman
Level 6
I've researched this and cannot find any alert categories that match a "missed job" one fella had the same issue with 11d but tech support forwarded him onto http://engweb.symantec.com/enhancement/  enhancement to the product to make a request for a newer version.

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
I have been looking for that function some time. I have tried to create a rule using the "Error Handling" when you right click a missed job, but that doesn't seem to work.

But i guess i will make a request for a newer version then.

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
I just found out that there's a report with missed availability windows under jobs for standard reports.

You just have to configure it to send every day in the morning after the jobs should have stopped.

I'm gonna try it to see if it works like i want it to work :)

Thanks for your answer :)

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if you set up a Send on Failure alert, and set a limited window, you should get a notification when the window passes and the job has not started

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
Hello Ken,

Thanks for your answer, but i can't seem to find anywhere to set a "Send on Failure" alert. Is it "Alert Categories" your talking about?