cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files after backup

dema2001
Level 3
Hello all,

I"m having a problem with files not being backed up, but are selected in the "job setup" portion of the job.

We're running W2k3 SP2 with Symantec Backup Exec SP3. Some of the directories are compressed by Windows, but I've also turned on compression in the backup job.
I have the remote agent installed on the servers that are being backed up. Nothing else is installed on this server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Bert
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
is DFSR enabled on the folder structure as you should backup DFSR data via the Shadow Copy Components and it will be automtically excluded from file system backups.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Hmm

Any common denominator for the skipped files?  are they the same files every time?

dema2001
Level 3
only thing that i've found so far is the folders....

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Can you give us some examples of skipped files?

dema2001
Level 3
looking at the log file i see the following:

Directory \EMA_DATA (This is from the actual job history log file located on the home server and not a remote server.)

However, the directory actually has sub-directories with this. I'll try to give a few without giving away too much as this is a gov't job....

The above directory has \EMA_DATA ( a shared folder) as the main directory
                                        \accountability (sub directory)
                                        \documents
                                        \Firehouse

These are just a few of the sub directories that are not being backed up at all. My next thought is to actually create a new job and test it, but i hate to go through all the trouble if it's not going to fix the problem......

Thank you,
Lynn

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
is DFSR enabled on the folder structure as you should backup DFSR data via the Shadow Copy Components and it will be automtically excluded from file system backups.

dema2001
Level 3
I'll take a look at the folder setup. That's one item i wasn't thinking about and have a feeling that it may be the root cause of my problems....

dema2001
Level 3
Enabling Shadow Copy Components resolved my issue! Thank you for your assistance!