cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Backup Jobs

Mark_Eggert
Level 2
We have a Snap Server that we'd like to start backing up. We've purchased a Remote Agent for it. I've looked through the support site and found an article that says even though the backup will complete there will be an error because the Remote Agent wasn't found on the Snap Server. It is suggested to backup the Snap Server as a separate job. Is it possible to have this job run automatically soon after the normal nightly backup job finishes? I would set this job to append to the tape so that we don't need to change tapes between the two jobs. If this is possible, can you tell me how to set this up?

Regards,
Mark Eggert
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
two ways to do this

if you have a standalone drive, just schedule the SNAP backup to start 10 or 15 minutes later. It will queue up and wait for the drive to become available

or you can create a CMD file that uses BEMCMD to release the SNAP job, and run that as a POST job of the main job,

Mark_Eggert
Level 2
Ken, thanks for the reply. Let me see if I understand what you're referring to as a standalone drive. The drive we plan to use is one that is internal to the server it is currently backing up. Is this a standalone drive?

Regards,
Mark

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Standalone as opposed to a library, so yes, a single internal drive is considered standalone

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Mark,

In order to start backup of this Snap Server automatically after normal nightly backup job,you can either schedule a separate backup job for Snap Server that will run after main job or you can create a post job command for this main job to run this Snap Server backup after completion of it.

Please refer to the Technote given below :

How to execute batch files and executables (pre- and post- job commands) before and after a backup via the Backup Exec GUI.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240664.htm

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.