cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP issue with EMC Celerra/BE 12.5

rreitenauer
Level 3

I have a BE 12.5 server running currently.  In addition, I have a EMC Celerra CX310.  NDMP is enabled on the Celerra and I created the "ndmp" user with the MD5 hash.  I can add the Celerra to the NDMP(BackupExec) servers, however when I go to backup a path, I can only select the root such as IP address --> /vol1/volume.  I cannot select folders of which I know that are there.  

The Celerra has two IPs for the datamover, no matter which one I use, the same thing happens.  I checked through various posts on here and didn't seem to find an answer.

Setup:

Backup Exec Server w/ Serial connection to LTO4 tape backup

All data would be transferred from Celerra to Backup Exec server.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is by design. When you are selecting the resource from the NDMP server then only the root Volume and Snapshot folder are available for selection.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Sush---
Level 6

This is by design. When you are selecting the resource from the NDMP server then only the root Volume and Snapshot folder are available for selection.

Thanks,

-Sush...

rreitenauer
Level 3

Thanks,

Another question before I fry my brain on the Admin guide.  Is there anyway I can include specific folders/files on a NDMP backup for EMC (besides doing user specific?)

There are a couple CIFS shares that are spanned across two servers added within the Celerra.  Also there are a couple iSCSI targets.  I would like to backup certain files instead of doing the whole volume...if possible.

Sush---
Level 6

Try to use the Include/Exclude option in the selection list part of the backup job properties. From here you can drill down to the volume and include/exclude the required files and folders.

Thanks,

-Sush...

rreitenauer
Level 3

I included a pic of what I was talking about.  I would like to see the folders/files at each level.  So if that cannot be done, I have to do a include/exclude for all of the volumes?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I think your shares are /root_vdm_1/IT /root_vdm_1/marketing and so on.

rreitenauer
Level 3

I do select the shares, however it doesn't give me a list of folders/files.  Only when I go to do a restore is when that happens.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

That is, what sush already told, by design. NDMP is doing a block level backup, so it does not 'see' what is being backuped.