cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not sent after server update until restart

Robert_Pummill_
Level 2
I am running 9.1 on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003. I have notifications set within the program...not the backup jobs. What I started to notice a couple of months ago was the notifications stopped sending periodically. I worked all the resolutions I could find on the website.

Through trial and error I have narrowed it down to this. If the server receives updates and is left with the restart window on the screen...the backup notices are not sent. As soon as I restart the server, they start again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a resolution? I really need backup notifications for every job sent every time.

Robert
5 REPLIES 5

STeve_O
Level 5
http://support.veritas.com/docs/282931

Take a look at the summary section

Robert_Pummill_
Level 2
Thanks for the quick response. I read the summary section. I will check those setting but I don't see how they apply here.

I can have jobs running for 2 weeks with notifications every time. I have 4 jobs total so that is 20 notifications during one work week. These can run continuously until there is a server restart notice from an update. I have tested this now with 4 server updates on 3 servers and each time the notifications stop until the server is rebooted.

Robert_Pummill_
Level 2
I checked the settings. The option to limit the number of notices is not selected.

Any other thoughts?

Robert

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Robert,

Since when it started happening?

Thanks.

Robert_Pummill_
Level 2
I can't give you an exact date. I would have to say it has been happening since the start of November.

Robert