cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Data Loss?

Mike_Dahlheim
Not applicable
Perhaps not, just looking for the short answer. Here's the story. I have a single 4mm Python backing up a directory incrementally. The rule is set to never overwrite and to append only. I have 6 tapes in the media set which I rotate one tape each Monday and Friday.

I had reason to restore data from the last week of April. I began the restore process, selected the subdirectories to restore and was prompted to insert tape 008. None of the 6 tapes used in the rotation were labled 008. Logs show the backup jobs to have run successfully to tape 008, so I re-catalog the media set, and no 008 and no data reflecting the data dates I need. I am missing all the data of my Monday-Thursday routine for that week (at least) and no cataloged 008. It is like the tape has vanished. What may have happened?

Thanks for any scenarios!
1 REPLY 1

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Could you deselect the option "use media storage based catalogs" in Tools> Options> Catalog. Recatalog the tape. Do you see any difference?

Please update us on the issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.