cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Exchange backup following upgrade to version 10

John_Hastie
Not applicable
Hi

I recently upgrade to Version 10 and the duration time of our exchange backup on a remote server has exploded. Previously a full backup and verify would take just under 6 hours.

Now it is taking 9.5 hours and I have disabled the verify.

1 thing I've noticed is that previously in the Job Log (when using version 9) under Job Operation > Server the first line was:
OFO: Started for device: "\\PC-090\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Now it is saying:
AOFO: Started for resource: "\\PC-090\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Anyone have any ideas how I can change the job back so that it is using OFO rather than AOFO....I'm thinking that may be the reason for the time increase. The server is remote and had the remote agent pushed to it using the Wizard.

The job is configured to NOT USE Advanced open File Option.
1 REPLY 1

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hello,

The difference you are seeing in the job log is just cosmetic. If you notice both backups are using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) for the backup of Shadow Copy Component backups.

If you are backing up Exchange and
Shadow Copy Component in one go then try creating separate jobs for Exchange and System backup respectively.

There could be other reasons for slow thruput

1)Active files during backup
2)Anti virus running during bakcups
3)If you are bakcing up to a tape check whether there is a hardware problem.

The method of backup for Shadow Copy Component hasnt changed with the new version 10.0

Hope this helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.