cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with restoring a whole server with W2k8 r2

karol_urbaniak
Level 3

I have a problem with Symantec Backup Exec 2012. I'm full backuping 2 of my servers which run with W2k8 r2 SP1.

For testing purposes I have decided to restore machines in my Disaster Recovery site. Type of machines are the same in both locations. 

Restoring procedure is performed without problems. Unfortunately when I restart the machine to finish recovery process of Windows OS then appear "blue" problem: "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" and system restart.

Like with everything in Microsoft problem with blue screen might be various. In most of cases problem is with file Bootcat.cache or with booting procedure. I have checked both scenarios and from my point of view everything is allright. I have even delete Bootcat.cache and repair the boot.

Anyway this is problem of Windows. Source of my troubles is restoring procedure in Symantec BackupExec 2012.  With other OS like W2k3 there is no problems.

I have tried both Simplified Recovery and standard restore on MiniOS earlier installed on server in Disaster Recovery and both finished with blue screens.

All Backup Exec products are up to date.

Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Karol,

It seems there is a conflict of drivers on the restored server. Can you boot in safe mode and see if it comes up?

Regards,

Sush...