cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Backup Agent to Destination Folder - Different Drive Letter

Quick_erase_not
Level 3

I'm using Backup Exec 2010 for my company and I'm trying to push an agent out to a server but need to have it installed on the secondary hard drive. 

For the destination folder I keep setting it to "D:\%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS" but after it validates the install and I go back to edit, it still shows back to "%ProgramFiles%\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS"

How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Quick_erase_not
Level 3

Got this working fine. Apparently if you go back to edit, it resets, however, if you just proceed it'll install on the different drive.

What does suck though is it extracts all the files on the C: drive first before it moves it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

what happens if you change the installation directory to "D:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS" ?

The variable %ProgramFiles% is normaly always c:\program files

Quick_erase_not
Level 3

Got this working fine. Apparently if you go back to edit, it resets, however, if you just proceed it'll install on the different drive.

What does suck though is it extracts all the files on the C: drive first before it moves it.

Quick_erase_not
Level 3

Thanks for your help. That always resulted into the same thing when I went back to edit. Apparently it works, just resets if you go back to edit it.