cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore files BE2K14

TeeStars
Level 3

Hi all

In a wee bit of pickle here with restore some files from backup. I am running Backup Exec 2K14 with a RD 1000 drive. I need to restore from a disk cartridge and it seems that BE is not co-operating with me.

Any time I try and catalog a disk I get the error "The Job Failed with the following error:The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted."

I am told to run an inventory and try to catalog the disk again but it keeps failing. 

With BE2K10 I used to be able to put a tape cartridge in and restore files without a problem. BE2K14 not so much. Is not possible to restore files from a disk cartridge any more? I have tried to examine the disk to see if the files would be there but it has *.bkf files. If worse comes to worse how would I get into the *.bkf to get at these files.

Thanks in advance

Tim Jardim

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

This error usually relates to not enough disk space on the drive to write to the catalogs for the restore. You need to free up more space where the catalogs are stored (default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs)  or move the location of the catalogs to a location with more space.  see: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71131

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings, and under catalogs, uncheck the request media in sequence option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

This error usually relates to not enough disk space on the drive to write to the catalogs for the restore. You need to free up more space where the catalogs are stored (default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs)  or move the location of the catalogs to a location with more space.  see: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71131

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings, and under catalogs, uncheck the request media in sequence option.

TeeStars
Level 3

Ok thanks, I appreciate all the help it is much appreciated!

Looks like I need to get some training lol

Thanks again

Tim