cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring BE 2012 backup on a replacement server 2008r2?

talksrm
Not applicable

Hi there. I have BE 2012 with licences for connecting computers. The server which ran BE 12 has failed. All backups were to disk which means that although the server which managed the backups has failed, the backups themselves are located on another system and have not been compromised.

I have re-installed Server 2008 R2 and Be 2012, how can I restore files from my backups? I am not too fussed about system state, but would like to get the files back for users.

When I open BE 2012 now, it does not know about the backup jobs located on the other server, how can I get it to realise them such that I can restore them? I have stuggled to find a guide which explains this unique situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE2012 while creating Backup-to-disk folder give path of the folder which has backup sets.

Perform inventory and run catalog job on the backups. Once the catalog job completes open restore

window and perform restore of required data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE2012 while creating Backup-to-disk folder give path of the folder which has backup sets.

Perform inventory and run catalog job on the backups. Once the catalog job completes open restore

window and perform restore of required data.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
See my article below https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/be-2012-restoring-data-defunct-server