cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Instance BKUPEXEC changes logon account when patching

John_Fox_Maule
Level 2

We have a Backup Exec 12 SP1 (x64). The installation was previsously installed  as another user. I have changed that, so the services will start up as another account, the logon accounts in Backup exec is changed, and SQL instance is set to run as Netowrk Service instead of the user. Everything works fine until i run liveupdate that will patch the installation, the backup exec services will remain to run as the new account however, the SQL instance bkupexec will now switch to run as the old account which is disabled, hence SQL can not start and backup exec can not start as it's depend on SQL.

I have tried to repair the installation same thing happens. I have tried to remove options same things happens.

Any idea ?

3 REPLIES 3

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified

Change the logon account for SQL SERVER (BKUPEXEC) to  LSA The SQL SERVER (BKUPEXEC) should be runnig under LSA as the instance is on SQL 2005 Express.  

John_Fox_Maule
Level 2
I did set the SQL server to run as "Network Service" not lsa like other backup exec installations the problem is when Liveupdate fetches and try to apply patches, the SQL instance changes back automatically to run as the old user account instead of "Network Service"

Vijay_S_Mishra
Level 6
Employee Certified
The sqlserver (bkupexec ) should be running on LSA and then try applying any HF .