cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange error when backing up Lotus Domino 7 files - 0xe00084b7

Dan_Brown_2
Level 2
Hi all,

I have a strange error occurring when trying to backup Domino data (nsf files). The backup seems to work, as I can restore the selected database files, but always fails with this error;

0xe00084b7 - A backup set was created which contains no data

Infrasctructure is as follows;

Dedicated Windows 2003 Std server, with BE 10d, patched with SP2. Backup devices are LTO3 single drive, 8 slot LTO3 autoloader and also backup to disk location. Agents for remote servers, lotus domino, Advanced open file and SQL installed.

Domino server is Windows 200 Std server, Domino set up as a cluster, on same network/switch etc. Agents installed as per Document ID: 254460

If I try a backup of the file system on the Domino server, the backup succeeds, including backup of the nsf files.

If I try to use the domino agent to backup the databases, it fails with the above message, but has actually backed up the data. I've discounted the backup locations as faulty as they work for everything else.

I've tried a full wipe of BE and agents and then reinstalled twice.

Suggestions?

DanMessage was edited by:
D bROWN
8 REPLIES 8

STeve_O
Level 5
First I dont think Backup Exec support Domino Clusters or if Domino is "clustered".

What version of Lotus 7.?

Dan_Brown_2
Level 2
Hi Steve,

As per Document ID: 278254, clustering is supported on lotus formatted databases in Domino 7.

The Domino server is 7.0.1. The templates of the mail files are all dwa7 templates.

I've also tried to backup a fresh install of a stand alone Domino 7 server, but I still get the same message.

The only other bit of information that is in the error is to click on a link for V-79-57344-33975, but this page at Symantec is blank.

Dan

Rocco_Ammon
Level 2
Hotfix 43 installed?

Zoltan_Szarka
Level 2
We have same error message. There are no clustered systems, but we have Lotus Domino 7.0.1 too.

Perhaps the reason is the latest fixup, because we have no see it before installed.

Any solution?

Zoltan_Szarka
Level 2
Yes hotfix 43 was installed. I think there is a bug inside this fix.
Any possibility to rollback?

Rocco_Ammon
Level 2
Hotfix 43 is the problem. I had installed Hotfix 43 and the reason is same.

With Sp2 and Hotfix 42 was everything correct.

Rollback is not possible. Reinstall Backup Exec and Agent or wait of Hotfix :(

Greet Yasty

Zoltan_Szarka
Level 2
I have made contact with every possible way to symantech.

After 5 diffrent type of contact to them, the answer was... made contact to a solution provider on another way...

Learn to every body, DO NOT BUY symantech (fuckin globalist company) 's product. They have no idea to solve probles in already payed bugfull products.

shits to you from them= symantec

Rocco_Ammon
Level 2
http://support.veritas.com/docs/286444