cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup-2-Disc Folder automatically set it self offline !

MA-Admin
Level 2
Hello Symantec Team and all others,

I have a Problem, I use the Symantec Backup Exec for saving an Exchange Database. But I have permanently problems. The Backup-2-Disc Folder switch sometimes automatically into "offline", but I tried an Folder LOCAL on the Machine, I tried an Folder on a NAS and one on an other Machine.

It turns always automaticly offline and doesnt save my database !

I use the Version 12.5 SP4

Do you have an idea ? 
3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Does it happen for the remote B2D as well as with the local B2D(local hardisk one). If it happens for both of them then BE database loosing the connectivity with the B2D devices. Please make sure all the BE services specially device and media service startred under the correct account. All should be running under the same domain account except remote agent(it should be under LSA). Make sure you BE is updated to latest patch and HF. If all the above things are correct then please run the repair install of BE and reboot the server once.

MA-Admin
Level 2
Hello,

we had BE in two different places running. And always the same problem. Should I take the domain-administrator as service account ?

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It is recommended to have the BESA(backup exec service account) as a domain administrator. Please use the domain admin account and restart the BE services.