cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The specified network name is no longer available

Gabriele_Calona
Level 2
Hi.
I have that problem to an our customer: "http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/239746.htm".

I have try to set path name of backup directory as suggested in the veritas's knowledge base, but the problem still exist.

It's very strange, because we have much customer with the same version of backup exec and no one have that problem. The config (backup on a network mapped disk) is the same for all.

What I can do? Is a big problem for the customer, he can't do the backup.

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
After you have created the new B2D folder did you adjust your backup job to use it ?

Regards
A van der Boom

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Gabriele !

Did you create a new B2d to see while following the tn#239746 if the issue is there or not?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Gabriele_Calona
Level 2
Hi.
Yes, I have created the directory as the knowledge base tell to do (by network and not by mapped drive).

If I try to create a \\disknetworkname\e$\directory, an error (invalid name) appear and don't permit to create.

I have tried \\E:\directory - the directory is valid but after 500 mb of backup, the error appers
I have tried \\disknetworkname\directory - directory is valid but same error.

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Gbriele!

Have you set any size for this new B2D folder or it is set to default i.e 1GB?

Do revert back on this.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Gabriele_Calona
Level 2
Hi, I have not set any size of folders.
Then the size is the default.

I never set size to folders, don't think can be the cause of error.

Thanks, Gabriele.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please check the available disk space on the remote location where the Backup To Disk folder exists.

We suggest you to create the backup-to-disk folder using IP address in UNC path in place of the server name.

Also try scheduling the backup job at another time.

To isolate the cause we suggest you to create a new B2D folder on some other machine in the network and check if the error reoccurs

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.