cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach to System?State device cannot be found

Gilbert_Floresc
Level 3
I'm running Backup Exec v 8.6 on a Windows 2000 server. I'm getting the error message:

Unable to attach to \\INTERGYSERVER\System?State.
The device cannot be found.

The server name has been changed from Intergyserver and that's about when the backups started failing. I don't know how to tell Backup Exec that the server name has changed and to take note of the new name.

I've done some Google searches and I've looked thru the knowledgebase here but I haven't found anything that pertains to this particular issue.

I did find an article talking about the Anonymous user rights and modifying the registry key. I just did that and I'll have to wait and see if the backup completes tonight. I don't think it will because I think the issue is more with the server name than anything.
1 REPLY 1

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
If you look in the backup selections does it still show the server by the old name or is it showing the new one? Try switching to the Text view and see if there is an entry for the old server and if there is remove it from the selection list.

Once you've confirmed that all references to the server in the selections list are using the new name, if it still shows up using the old name in your job log then you might want to try re-installing the remote agent from the remote server, and see if that makes a difference.