cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write on Appendable media.

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Hi All,

Ill just give the detailed description what happened in past week.

We changed por policy for media management to 28 Days Overwritable protection and 7 Days Appendablity to Media.
What observed during this week is that, the job which is spanning across multiple media is asking for the Overwritable media even if we are setting Job property to accept Appendable media.

We opened a case with Symantec, they told us that, the logic used to accept the media is the same. It will ask for an overwritable media for jobs spanning across medias.

If this is true then we are in the bad shape now, coz we have to provide number of media to media set. So = increase in the Media Requirement per Media Set = Direct Cost Impact

I am requesting all of you, if you have faced the same thing/issue(for me atleast), kindly contribute your opinion.

According to my Requirement, Spanning Job should accept the appendable media. (What you think....???)

Thanks,

. : : [ a s h X ] : : .
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Whenever a job is spanned on a second TAPE, the second TAPE has to be Overwritable TAPE and it is by design. Backup Exec will not span to an Appendable TAPE.

Hope this helps.....

Dev_T
Level 6

Namasker Ashish,

Ajun kahi mahiti havi asel tar kalva.....mi jarur prayatna karin....

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Hi Dev,

Thanks for your reply.

The thing i wanted to insist on is, if the customer requires that perticular feature then why Symantec is not taking action on that?

I have posted to the Forum, also in the Ideas Section. Symantec should act on that.

One of the Symantec Representative replied to me that, he will tell to his Manager to contact me for my requirement. Still I am waiting for his call...

Thanks,

. : : [ a s h X ] : : .

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

My Personal Experience : Symantec is the comapany which listens to its customers.

There must be some number behind this, say : 20% or 30% customers requested an enhancement, so Symantec will deploy the enhancement in the next release or if possible rollout a patch for the same....