cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-79-57344-33037 - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

danieln69
Level 2
Im doing a full backup of all my servers M-F to disk, then duplicate to tape.  The duplicate job shows completed successfully, however when I open the log, its littered with this error:

Duplicate
Source backup set had completed with the following error/exceptions.

V-79-57344-33037 - Physical Volume Library Media not found. 

Any ideas as to why this is happening?   Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Daniel

Is it possible for you to post the job log ?

danieln69
Level 2
The log is huge but here is a part of it.

Duplicate
Source backup set had completed with following error/exceptions. V-79-57344-33037 - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Duplicate- \\MLSBDC01.morselife.local\System?State
Source backup set had completed with following error/exceptions. V-79-57344-33037 - Physical Volume Library Media not found.

Duplicate- Windows

Duplicate- Data

Duplicate- \\fsre.morselife.local\System?State

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1. Compare the Byte count for the Orignal job and the duplicate job , check the bytes written if they are same or not
2. Try running the Duplicated backup from disk to disk I.e create a test backup to disk folder and target the backup to the test backup to disk folder (if it runs successful ,might be issue with hardware and need to trouble shoot that first)
If hardware issue 1st thing to do would be to update the Drivers with the latest symantec drivers and reboot the server and the tape device

danieln69
Level 2
Well, the byte count is different because of hardware compression on the tape.   When I check the media it does show the correct data under Used Capacity,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Try duplicating the job to some other drive if you have or duplicate it to B2d.