cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why rerun IDR? Isn't the data copied to the alternate path?

SysAdmin1
Level 3
I continuously get the alert "It is recommended that you rerun the Intelligent Disaster Recovery Preparation Wizard and select "Copy - Disaster recovery information (.dr) files" option, to back up your disaster recovery information (.dr) file."

Isn't the updated information copied to the Disaster recovery alternate data path?

If I see recently dated .DR files in my Disaster recovery alternate data path (on a remote server), can I safely turn this alert off?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This is just an information message telling you to run the preparation wizard again, to make sure it is present in the CD. Although, if the dr file is present in an alternate location, you can always use it when performing disaster recovery, by providing that path at the time of recovery. So, you can safely ignore this alert, if the dr file is updated in the alternate location.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This is just an information message telling you to run the preparation wizard again, to make sure it is present in the CD. Although, if the dr file is present in an alternate location, you can always use it when performing disaster recovery, by providing that path at the time of recovery. So, you can safely ignore this alert, if the dr file is updated in the alternate location.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.
Thanks