cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom subject line version 9.1

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
I am aware that in version 9 custom subject lines are not an option.
I have a situation that a box on vesion 8.6 the subject line was edited and then upgraded. I now have a non standard subject line and can not go back to standard. Will the patch to 9.1 solve this issue?
Is the path a free download or will I require a new key?
10 REPLIES 10

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
As an after thought.
Is there an unsupported "fix" in the registry or elsewhere to fix the issue I have in version 9?

Henrik_B__Haugs
Level 3
Hi,

Try having a look in the Alert table in the BKUPEXEC database there is an AlertTitle and an AlertMessage.

Haven't tried it out so I can't tell you if it works.

/Haugstrup

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please elaborate a phrase "in version 9 custom subject lines are not an option".

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
"Hello,

Please elaborate a phrase"

Ok please see.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264762.htm

"VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers Notification Module no longer supports a custom subject line for email notification. "

Our issue is that the notification is split. Part in the subject line and part in the message body. It appears that someone in the past simply hit the "enter key" and pushed the text down (in version 8.6, where custom subject line for email notification was supported), subsequently backup exec was upgraded to 9.0 and this is not longer supported according to Veritas (Symantec) in Document ID: 264762
Again
Would going to version 9.1 fix the subject line?
Is the jump to 9.1 free and does not require a new Key?
Is there an unsupported way to get Backup Exec back to standard?

Many thanks

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
Henrik B. Haugs, thanks for the reply. ll check that one out. Anyone else have any suggestions?Message was edited by:
Bob Dobalina

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
I see that there are simmilar posts on the board and Veritas has seeminlgy gone out of its way not answer this question.
If I go up to 9.1 will it fix my subject line heading that was changed in 8.6 when it was an option?
PLEASE A LITTLE HELPMessage was edited by:
Bob Dobalina

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Does ignoring the post also make it assumed answered?

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Bob!

The subject line can not be edited in BEWS9.x like 8.x. We suggest you to log an enhancement request for the same.

enhancement.veritas.com

Regards,
Ashutosh

Bob_Dobalina
Level 3
Ashutosh Tamhan... , will the changes made in verson 8.6 that brought this out of standard be fixed with the patch to 9.1 from 9.0?

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
No ther is not such patch issued by Symantec yet.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.