cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overwrite protection period in BE 2010

chvgms
Level 5

Hi,

What is the best setting for OPP in BE 2010? I have a problem with one of my backup servers, though i insert overwritable media, the system prompts to insert overwritable media. Currently i have 2 sets of tapes for MON-THU and the rotation is 2 weeks i.e if i  use a tape for Monday, 1st week of the month, the same tape will be used on the Monday of 3rd week. I am attaching the screenshot of the OPP settings. Also appreciate if someone let me know how do i resolve this.

Thanks,

Sridhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the screenshot OPP is set to Zero Hours, which will not protect the data for 2 weeks.

You need to set the OPP as 13 days, also make sure you don't assign the tape to any media set.

Initially let the tapes be in the scratch media set. 

In BE console, click on Tools->Options->Media Management-> Select the Ovewrite Protection as

"Partial" and also select "Use recyable media before using scratch media set"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

As per the screenshot OPP is set to Zero Hours, which will not protect the data for 2 weeks.

You need to set the OPP as 13 days, also make sure you don't assign the tape to any media set.

Initially let the tapes be in the scratch media set. 

In BE console, click on Tools->Options->Media Management-> Select the Ovewrite Protection as

"Partial" and also select "Use recyable media before using scratch media set"