Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor network performance novell servers

Ronald
Level 2
poor performance on novell netware 5 servers
Posted: Mar 8, 2005 4:39 AM Mar 8, 2005 4:39 AM Reply

Hi there,

We are experiencing poor network performance while trying to backup our novell server(netware V5.1). The backup exec software is installed on a Windows 2003 server, with an DLT drive as backup unit. The server has an Pentium 3 processor with 666 MHz cpu speed, and 640MB of RAM installed.

The data throughput is between 30MB/min and 100MB/min. The backup is ran at 11:00 PM to make sure that no one is working with the file's that we want to backup.

We also tried to set al the network devices such as servers and switches to 100 Mbit full duplex. That was a suggestion that i found while searching this forum. But unfortunately isn't that the problem.

I hope someone has some ideas to get rid of this issue.

Kind regards,

Ronald
5 REPLIES 5

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Kindly refer the following technote and install latest remote agent for Netware servers and then observe the throughput and performance.

Title:- Remote Agent for NetWare Servers Update - Backup Exec 10.0.5484.6 for Windows Servers cannot restore software compressed backups of NetWare data recorded with a 32K buffer size (affects tape devices and backup-to-disk recorded backups).

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275065.htm.

Let us know the performance once you update and install the newer version of Netware remote agent.

We hope this helps.

Ronald
Level 2
Ameet,

thanks for your reply, i'm going to give it a try and post the results in this thread.

Ronald

Ronald
Level 2
I have checked the version of the agent on the novell servers and i saw that the patch was already installed (Backup Exec for NetWare 9.1 Build 1152.4).

Also were running Netware 5.1 supportpack reversion 07.

So both suggested solutions didn't help ;(

Ronald

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the technote given below,

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237769.htm

Hope this will help to improve the speed.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.