cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scripting a duplicate a B2D media to tape Backup exec 12.5

aamoreICAT
Level 2
Ok here is my problem.
I have 2 media servers and both have SCSI attached tape drives. they share san storage for D2D backups. my goal is to have site A run a backup to disk and then have site B dupe the media to tape. I can do this manually but running and inventory, catalog and then a dupe job. I have figured out how to automate and schedule the inventory and catalog but not the dupe. I can’t seem to figure out how to script a Dupe
2 REPLIES 2

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified
 You can create a Duplicate job when Backup Exec data base ( BEDB ) has information about Base ( Disk ) backup job. Now the disk backup is running on server A so only A server database has the information about the backup job and the catalogs. Server B ( BEDB ) is not aware of the backup job running on server A and would not have the catalog information about the job. With CASO - MMS option installed both the server would update the database about the jobs running on each other and will share the database and catalog information. It would be easier for you to configure a duplicate job after installing the option.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/304175

Newsam
Not applicable

Just to be clear... (my scenario)
"Server A" has daily back-up jobs
"Server B" has a weekly restore process executed from "Server A" done by tape.

With CASO i would not need to run the inventory and catalog on the tape when I'm doing the restore at Server B?
I ask because the catalog process takes no less than 40minutes which really ruins my day. Advise?!?!