Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble restoring BE_2010R3 GRT single-mailbox-restore on Exchange 2010

RReidlinger
Level 3
Partner

Hi there,

if anyone could help me with a solution regarding an Exchange single Mailbox restore with BackupExec Windows Server 2010R3.

The task was to restore the Mailbox of user HStrunck, starting from “top of information store” to a different Server, same account in an SBS2011 environment.

Ok, done already, this is *restore task --> Exchange redirection --> redirect to ip-server-address-new.

Job is successfully done without any errors, Symantec reports via OWA new elements to the user. The size of the Mailbox increases as it should, but there is absolut none of the restored items visible, neither in Outlook nor in OWA.

Having triple tries, the amount of lost space was triple the space than one restore operation needed.

SBEWS is running V13.0 5204, SP1 with Hotfixes 167567, 171073, 164659, 170962, 172625, 167791 applied.

Thanks in advance for help.

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if any filter applied in Outlook for the user's mailbox

RReidlinger
Level 3
Partner

no, there ain't. No Filter in sentmail, inbox, calendar, task and contacts.

RReidlinger
Level 3
Partner

I'm not lucky about that unexpected issue. Meantime, i'got a huge data grave, amount is visible only in OWA (2,63GB Mailbox space are used [exactly the summary of all restore tasks], absolutely no content but the 9 process messages by SBE, that items are to be restored :-/)

Whereas in Outlook, the used space is told to be 25kb including all subs.

Each useful hint is welcome, cause I spent nearly 10 hours on that job. Of course I hope for response by the technical support too.  

Thanks a lot in advance-

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try this:

Rename the .ost file at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook to something else such as .old

And run the following from the cmd - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE /resetfolders

Check if emails are seen in Outlook now...

RReidlinger
Level 3
Partner

well I checked it out today 14:21 EST on a brand-new computer with an as-new office-installation with newly born user-profile.