cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to inventory storage device, backup jobs stay queued

Christopher_B5
Not applicable

I'm running Backup Exec 2012 Rev 1798, and I've got a Storage device set up on an external USB HD.  My backup jobs ran correctly w/ no errors for 2-2 1/2 months, but recently the jobs have stopped working.  The jobs will start without issue, but they never get out of queued status.  I've checked the BE services, stopped and restarted them, and checked to make sure the external HD is connected and powered on.  When I run an inventory job on the storage, it sits in Running status, but never inventories any data.  I have to manually cancel the inventory job.  Also, when I tried to delete the storage, so that I could recreated it, I received the following error:

Unable to delete disk storage - Catastrophic Failure

I'm getting very frustrated because my backups aren't running and they aren't giving me any information as to why.  Obviously, there's an issue w/ the storage device and its communication w/ BE, but I don't know how to fix it.  Any/all advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

Are you updated to the latest Service Pack? SP3 http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66724 

Also, check Windows Event System logs for errors.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to log a support case so that the TSE can edit out the storage from the BEDB.