cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mem usage for Note and Info

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Has anyone ever see NOTE or INFO message for "Mem usage" - I have only seen WARNING or CRITICAL

I have check 3 systems and all have "Mem usage" messages for WARNING or CRITICAL, but not for NOTE or INFO:

$ grep "Mem usage" engine_*.log  | egrep  "WARNING|CRITICAL" | wc -l

$ grep "Mem usage" engine_*.log  | egrep -v "WARNING|CRITICAL" | wc -l

The VCS admin guide says:

MemThresholdLevel

Determines the threshold values for memory utilization based on which
various levels of logs are generated. The notification levels are Critical,
Warning, Note, and Info, and the logs are stored in the file engine_A.log.
If the Warning level is crossed, a notification is generated. The values
are configurable at a system level in the cluster.
For example, the administrator may set the value of MemThresholdLevel
as follows:
■ MemThresholdLevel={Critical=95, Warning=80, Note=75, Info=60}
■ Type and dimension: integer-association
■ Default: Critical=90, Warning=80, Note=70, Info=60

So this is clear to me that Note and Info are stored in the file engine_A.log (but only Warning and above get emailed out from Notifier), but I don't see any entries for Note and Info for Mem usage or CPU and swap

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sunil_Yadav
Level 4
Employee

Hi Mike,

In VCS 6.1 release, we added an enhancement. Engine logging and notification for UsageThresholdExceeded notifications will be sent only for warning and critical levels. Henceforth we log & send notification only for WARNING(usage >= 80) and CRITICAL(usage >= 90). Hence you did not find any NOTE or INFO logging of memory/CPU usage.

Admin guide needs to be updated for this enhancement. We will update VCS admin guide for upcoming 6.2 release.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunil Y

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sunil_Yadav
Level 4
Employee

Hi Mike,

In VCS 6.1 release, we added an enhancement. Engine logging and notification for UsageThresholdExceeded notifications will be sent only for warning and critical levels. Henceforth we log & send notification only for WARNING(usage >= 80) and CRITICAL(usage >= 90). Hence you did not find any NOTE or INFO logging of memory/CPU usage.

Admin guide needs to be updated for this enhancement. We will update VCS admin guide for upcoming 6.2 release.

Thanks & Regards,
Sunil Y