Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS Mount Resource in VCS

yairz
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a two-node VCS cluster (version 6.0.x) on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 servers, which will mount NFS volumes from a NetApp filer.

My issue is that whenever one node crashes or is diconnected from the NetApp, the files used by the clustered application is locked, which causes the application to fail on the passive node during failover (the NFS is mounted properly by the Mount resource).

I read that there was a NetApp NFS resource type for VCS 4.0 and 5.0, but it does not support version 6.

Is there anything I can do to prevent such a situation?

Thanks,

Yair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

Have provided a response on the other thread you have initiated, have a look

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/using-vcs-resources-mount-nfsv4-exports

G

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The NetApp agent was a partner agent so written by NetApp, not Symantec, so best to check with NetApp.  The old agent may work with VCS 6.0, but if it doesn't and NetApp have not provided a new agent, then if the documentation for the old agents says what they do, then you may be able to duplicate functionality using the application agent or VCS triggers.

Mike

yairz
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Mike,

Regarding this issue, we have decided to go with NFS version 4 on the NetApp's side to be able to address this issue without any special resource types, however I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to mount an NFS v4 with the Mount resource agent.

Can you please provide any insight on this issue, is there a chance it is not supported by VCS?

If it is supported, how can I mount the exported FS?

Thanks,

Yair

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hi,

Have provided a response on the other thread you have initiated, have a look

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/using-vcs-resources-mount-nfsv4-exports

G