cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Agents

M70
Not applicable

We are running Apache HTTP Server, JBoss, and Oracle 10g on Window 2003 Servers and want to monitor them via VCS. Looking at the agent options for Windows they don't seem to be available. Are there VCS agents for these products running under Windows 2003? If not, are there plans to provide any agents for them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi M70,

Oracle 10g is on SFW-HA's SCL as limited support.  Please see the SCL for specfic limitations of Oracle and SFW-HA.  The SCL is available at:  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH138722

Apache and JBoss are not on the SCL.

SFW-HA is very flexible and configurable.  SFW-HA has many builtin agents that can be put together to cluster most applications. 

I think I have seen a customer or two that has clustered Apache with SFW-HA in the past.  I'm pretty sure it can be done.  I think it was done using bundled agents such as GenericService.  I don't think this will be too complicated.

As for JBoss, I'm not familar with this software so i can not say for sure if SFW-HA will have problems or not.  You would have to try clustering it using GenericService.  It might require some registry replication via RegRep but again I don't know JBoss to say for sure.

Thanks,

Wally

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi M70,

Oracle 10g is on SFW-HA's SCL as limited support.  Please see the SCL for specfic limitations of Oracle and SFW-HA.  The SCL is available at:  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH138722

Apache and JBoss are not on the SCL.

SFW-HA is very flexible and configurable.  SFW-HA has many builtin agents that can be put together to cluster most applications. 

I think I have seen a customer or two that has clustered Apache with SFW-HA in the past.  I'm pretty sure it can be done.  I think it was done using bundled agents such as GenericService.  I don't think this will be too complicated.

As for JBoss, I'm not familar with this software so i can not say for sure if SFW-HA will have problems or not.  You would have to try clustering it using GenericService.  It might require some registry replication via RegRep but again I don't know JBoss to say for sure.

Thanks,

Wally

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I think three things are important to cluster an application if these capabilities are present then Application may be clustered.

1.) Application is capable to store its data on share storage. For example SAN

2.) Application have Start, Stop and Monitor Service.

3.) Application is capable to restart himself in a known stat